I'm Rich - 68
Guan Zhiyi might not have the height of the many female celebrities who stood at five foot seven, but the backless gowns, thigh-baring dresses, and occasional plunging necklines she wore to major events always guaranteed her lavish praise.
The media wasn't making it up, either. Her proportions really were exceptional. Her waist was slender enough to fit in a single hand, and her legs were long and fine.
Qi Chengyan would never tell her that every time he saw people gushing over her figure, he felt a faint, sour twinge of jealousy. He couldn't help thinking that all of this was something he alone should have been allowed to see...
But she was a public figure.
The thought left him inexplicably displeased.
Qi Chengyan gave her a light nip. "From now on, tell Liu Yun to stop dressing you in those strange outfits."
The clothes on Guan Zhiyi's body had been pushed into disarray across her back. "What..."
He didn't answer. He simply looked at her and continued, "You know what kind of fox spirit in television dramas is the most alluring?"
Guan Zhiyi's heart was practically leaping out of her chest. How was she supposed to know what he meant by bringing that up now? With nothing left to shield her, she was so embarrassed she barely dared look at him. When she felt him ease up, she reached for the blanket, only for him to catch her hand and press it down.
"The ones who look the most harmless and innocent are the most seductive," Qi Chengyan said.
Guan Zhiyi was already blushing, and his words only made her want to bury herself. "Can you please stop talking about this..."
"Hm? I only wanted to tell you that you were wrong about what you said today."
Guan Zhiyi immediately covered his mouth. "Don't say it. And stop moving your hands around."
Qi Chengyan slowly lowered her hand. "I can stop talking, but as for keeping still..." He gave a helpless little smile. "I can't help myself."
Qi Chengyan had already shown her more restraint than she could have imagined. But now that the thin barrier between them had finally been broken, how could he possibly hold himself back?
Guan Zhiyi was shy about everything that was happening, yet deep down, she was willing. She simply hadn't expected the tenderness he had shown at the beginning to disappear so completely by the end.
It hurt. It hurt terribly. Even when an unfamiliar sensation gradually emerged, it remained tangled with pain.
And he showed no sign of stopping, as though his restraint was rapidly slipping away.
"Enough..."
The room was dim, the bed in disarray. The girl's faint voice carried a trace of tears as she pushed weakly at his waist.
"Does it still hurt?"
It wasn't exactly pain anymore, but something strange and unfamiliar.
The sensation came in overwhelming waves, leaving her unable to bear it. All she could manage was a soft murmur. "Mm..."
A thin sheen of sweat covered Qi Chengyan's back. Their first time together had ended hurriedly, cut short by her protests and his own struggle to maintain control. Yet his desire had hardly diminished. He had thought that once she had endured the initial pain, she might be able to accept things more easily the second time. But the little girl still seemed afraid of being hurt.
And he was caught up in the moment. His heart ached with tenderness for her, but his body refused to obey.
"It won't hurt in a little while..." he murmured beside her ear, coaxing her softly.
Guan Zhiyi never imagined that the person she trusted most would lie to her, too.
She had no idea when it finally ended. She only remembered feeling as though she had been dragged into the depths of the sea, then thrown high into the clouds... By the time everything was over, her voice had gone hoarse, and she was finally allowed to rest. In a daze, she drifted into sleep.
When she woke the next morning, her entire body ached.
It was like going to the gym after a long absence, suddenly running and lifting weights, then waking up a day later feeling as though she'd been run over by a car.
"Ah..." Guan Zhiyi let out a small groan.
An arm slipped around her from behind, hooking around her waist and gently shifting her closer.
"You're awake?" His voice was still low with sleep, slightly hoarse, and devastatingly alluring.
She immediately remembered the sounds he'd made beside her ear the night before. Sometimes he'd been coaxing her, and sometimes his voice had fallen into low, restrained murmurs of his own. At those moments, that voice had been a weapon, leaving her dizzy and disoriented, willing to let him talk her into anything...
"Are you uncomfortable?"
Everything from the night before was still vivid in her mind. Guan Zhiyi grabbed the hand resting on her waist and pinched it hard. "Why don't you try it yourself?"
"Hm? That might be a little difficult."
"......"
"But..." His tone softened. "I did hurt you. I'm sorry."
He had been thoroughly satisfied the night before, and today, he apologized just as willingly.
Qi Chengyan shifted her closer again, wrapping her securely in his arms. "It won't happen like that next time."
Her back pressed against his solid, warm chest.
Her heart had just softened, ready to tell him it was all right, when she suddenly realized there was something pressing against her lower back.
Impossible to ignore.
Guan Zhiyi tensed. "You..."
"I'm not going to do anything to you." Qi Chengyan kissed the side of her face. "Just holding you. That's all."
"...Then loosen your arms a little."
"Let me hold you for a while. I'll have to get up soon."
Guan Zhiyi turned her head. "Where are you going?"
Qi Chengyan let out a soft sigh. "Little girl, your big brother has to go to work."
"......"
"Don't worry. Just two meetings. I'll be home early."
"Whatever... I'm going home later anyway."
"You're not staying here?"
"My family knows my schedule is finished. I need to go back for a bit."
Qi Chengyan nodded. "All right. Then I'll head straight to Yuhe Mansion tonight."
Guan Zhiyi let out a quiet laugh. "Gege, are you going to follow me wherever I go from now on?"
"Yes." Qi Chengyan sounded faintly helpless. "There used to be a little brat who followed me everywhere when she was young. I suppose now it's my turn to pay her back."
Guan Zhiyi turned around to face him and reached up to pinch his cheek. "And you're happy about that?"
"Mm. Very happy."
"Good." Guan Zhiyi smiled. "Then I'll have the aunties make some of your favorite dishes tonight. Come over to my house for dinner."
Qi Chengyan smiled. "Sure. You make the decisions."
**
For a while afterward, Qi Chengyan began showing up at the Guan residence for meals on a regular basis, even more frequently than before.
Old Master Qi was secretly delighted. If his grandson could marry Xiao Wu and bring her into the family, he couldn't have asked for anything more. What could Yang Mengjia or Li Mengjia possibly offer him that compared with Guan Zhiyi?
As for Guan Xinghuai, he had always liked Qi Chengyan. If his daughter could entrust herself to him, he would be reassured.
Then there was Guan Yuanbai. He had gone from wanting to beat the man up to gradually getting used to his presence. In fact, he was beginning to discover a certain pleasure in keeping Qi Chengyan under his thumb.
They had originally been equals in age and standing. Now he could make the man lower his head and call him Gege!
Guan Zhiyi's schedule had been relatively light lately, and she'd been enjoying herself at home for quite some time. She had been inactive for so long that even her fans on Weibo had begun making a fuss. So Liu Yun suggested that she either do a livestream or record some snippets of her daily life for a vlog.
Guan Zhiyi hadn't done much of anything all day, and she didn't have enough material for a vlog. In the end, she decided to livestream for her fans.
The livestream would feature her personally teaching them how to make a few home-style dishes.
Once she'd settled on the theme, she took her phone and tripod into the kitchen that afternoon. Her father and brother were both out, so she told the aunties at home not to come in, then started the livestream.
As soon as it began, fans and curious onlookers trickled in. Guan Zhiyi pulled up a chair, sat down in front of the camera, and greeted everyone first.
"Hello! It's been such a long time since I last livestreamed. Today, I'm going to teach everyone how to make a few dishes... Mm-hm, just some simple home cooking. You can easily make these at home, too... All right, let's get started. I've already washed everything, so I'll just start chopping..."
The comments began scrolling across the screen:
[AAAAAA, our baby girl has finally appeared!!]
[She's livestreaming herself cooking, hahaha. Are we getting a mukbang afterward, too?]
[The kitchen is huge and so pretty!]
[Is this her house?]
[Baby, you're not wearing any makeup today...]
[Please drop the link to those pajamas hahahahaha]
...
Guan Yuanbai ran into Qi Chengyan when he drove into the residential complex. After exchanging greetings from their respective cars, Qi Chengyan followed his car all the way to the Guan family's parking garage.
Qi Chengyan had been away on a business trip for the past two days and had only just returned. He wanted to see Guan Zhiyi, and Guan Yuanbai couldn't stand how clingy the man was acting. On the way up from the garage, he kept making pointed, sarcastic remarks.
When they reached the living room, they didn't see Guan Zhiyi anywhere. Instead, they heard her voice drifting from the kitchen, along with the enticing aroma of food. The two men followed the sound.
"She's cooking? Looks like she knew I was coming home today," Qi Chengyan remarked.
Guan Yuanbai nearly rolled his eyes. "You think she's cooking for you?"
"Who else would it be for?"
"I'm the one she should be showing filial respect to, little brother."
Qi Chengyan came to an abrupt stop. He turned and looked at Guan Yuanbai.
Guan Yuanbai smiled faintly, his expression perfectly serene. "What's wrong with that, little brother? You're my sister's boyfriend now, which makes you my younger brother."
Qi Chengyan: "...Get lost."
Guan Yuanbai continued, "Since you've been my friend for so many years, I'll give you a discount. In front of outsiders, you can call me whatever you like. In private, you must call me Gege."
Qi Chengyan narrowed his eyes. "Guan Yuanbai, are you asking me to fight you?"
"No. I'm merely educating my junior."
...
Guan Zhiyi had heard the two of them from the moment they walked in. She knew Qi Chengyan was returning that day, but she hadn't expected him to come straight to her house. As for Guan Yuanbai, she hadn't anticipated that he wouldn't be staying at Xinghe Bay and would instead return home.
Neither of them had noticed that she was livestreaming. Guan Zhiyi glanced back and tried to signal with her eyes for them to shut up. Unfortunately, neither man understood the hint. Instead, they came even closer.
Guan Yuanbai asked, "Xiao Wu, what are you suddenly cooking at home?"
"I already told you. She's making it for me." Qi Chengyan smiled and casually reached out to pinch her cheek. "Did you miss me?"
As he spoke, he noticed the phone standing nearby. "What's this... Are you recording a video?"
Guan Zhiyi had exhausted every possible meaningful glance, so she finally said outright, "I'm livestreaming... You two, go outside..."
Qi Chengyan froze for a moment, then glanced at the phone again. "Oh, I see. So this food..."
"I'm teaching my fans how to make a few simple dishes. Oh, just move farther away!"
Qi Chengyan silently stepped away from the camera. From a short distance away, Guan Yuanbai spat out two words.
"Serves you right."
"She's not doing it out of filial respect for you, either. What are you so smug about?"
Guan Zhiyi turned back with an embarrassed expression, pretending to remain calm as she transferred the last dish from the pan onto a plate. Meanwhile, the comments had gone completely wild.
[I'm DEAD! What did I just hear? "Did you miss me"?!]
[The dog food is hitting me right in the face!]
[The one in white is our daughter's brother! That makes him my son!]
[Genes really do decide everything. Her brother is insanely handsome, too!]
[I'm crying. The brother and the husband are battling it out!]
[Qi Chengyan and Guan Yuanbai are seriously such good friends...]
[I can imagine how it feels when your best friend steals your little sister away. My heart aches for him.]
[Shouldn't we feel sorry for President Qi instead? His girlfriend isn't even cooking for him!]
[Guan Zhiyi, stop pretending nothing happened just now. Hahahaha, I'm dying!]
[Let those two eat together! I want to see it!!!]
[+1]
[Please get them both in the same frame! I need to take screenshots like crazy!]
...
---
Comments
Post a Comment