Starlight Descends - 74
Glass
01:38 A.M.
【Yao Qian Shu】Super Topic.
Today's Interactions [48K], [76K] Little Yuanbaos on the Yao Qian Shu.
——Hottest Posts——
[AHHHHHHH YOU TWO ARE GOING TO MAKE ME SHIP YOU INTO INSANITY!!! What kind of real couple personally drops THIS much sugar for the fans?! Let's look at how every clue lines up! We already know Young Master and Yao-mei were high school classmates. Yao-mei was in high school in 2014, they attended the same school, and every single line fits: "Eighty-five percent of life's beauty," "the wind caught in our school uniforms," "names between us on the honor roll." It all fits perfectly!]
[A sister in the comments added these photos! She's two grades below Yao-mei and also graduated from C City No. 1 High School. She dug through her albums and found this picture of the honor roll from her first year! (Okay, the gap between their names isn't exactly 237, but Young Master is at the front and Yao-mei at the tail end. It generally checks out!!!!!)]
[Holy shit... was my future brother-in-law really THIS handsome in high school?! How was anyone supposed not to fall for him?!?!?!]
[Yep, I took that photo. Because... well... he was ridiculously handsome. You get it. Back then, the top eleven students on the honor board had to submit their own photos to the dean, but at some point everyone started turning it into a competition. People were handing in glamour shots and heavily retouched portraits. The dean thought the trend had gotten out of hand, so he started taking everyone's pictures himself. The angles were absolutely brutal. Straight out of the camera. If one eye looked bigger than the other, too bad. No editing. Which is exactly why looking THIS good is practically a miracle. Every time he made the board, I'd take a picture, but this is the only one I could still find... sob.]
[I kept wondering what kind of guy could make our Yao-mei fall for him back in high school. Now I know. If it were me, I'd start a secret Weibo diary for him too.]
[I'm seriously losing my mind shipping them... Everyone knows our Young Master was the whole package. Top grades. Gorgeous face. He's just ridiculously unfair, okay?!]
[Let's keep going. That line about "the wind in Beijing." [image] Look at Young Master's profile! He went to university in Beijing! DOES ANYONE UNDERSTAND HOW INSANE THIS IS?! "If I'd ever gotten to know you, I probably would've asked why you liked Beijing so much." Yao-mei once said in an interview that she'd always preferred the Jiangnan coastal region. So why did she end up going to Beijing? Why did she give up the place she liked and head to the distant north? You all get it now, don't you?!]
[I get it now... but why do I feel like crying.]
[Same. The first time I read that line, I burst into tears. Especially the part that says, "Too bad we don't cross paths anymore." It's written so calmly, but it reminded me of someone I once loved.]
[Same here. I had a crush in high school too. When it came time to apply for university, I subtly asked where he wanted to go. Because my grades weren't as good, I applied to the school next to his. But not long after starting university, he got a girlfriend. Every time I saw him with her, part of me thought they were so good together, and part of me was just heartbroken.]
[Sending hugs to the sister above! You're so kind. The fact that you could still think they looked good together... that's honestly incredible.]
[It's okay. That's all in the past now. Time to ship our CP! I may not get my happy ending, but my daughter absolutely deserves hers! Come on, detectives. Keep analyzing, dig deeper, and report back!]
[Moving on. "Happy birthday in December." Whose birthday is in December? Ye Qingman? That Gu Whoever? Any of her friends in the industry? None of them! The only December birthday is our Shu Baby! And did anyone notice? Yao-mei has never once posted "Merry Christmas" on Weibo. Not once. Instead, this woman who never stays up late and lectures us to live healthy lives has posted every single year at exactly 12:24 a.m. on December 24 only to say, "Happy Christmas Eve."]
[Yep, it's me again, the alumna. I asked around through several people and confirmed it. The senior's birthday is indeed 12/24, no doubt about it. [image] This is the birthday listed on his WeChat profile card. I'm seriously sobbing my heart out.]
[Glass candy... Is this even candy anymore? Why am I crying while eating it? Our Yao-mei is truly such a, such a, such a good person.]
[And that line... "This is for you." She wasn't talking about Midsummer airing that day at all. She was laying open her secret crush for all of us to see.]
[I'm rewatching Midsummer now, and I still think it's her most vibrant performance in years. Not that her other works are bad, but this role feels so painfully alive. Every emotion breathes. She handled it beautifully.]
[Because those emotions were her own... (link - Youth drama Midsummer, a look back at the role that outshone the female lead). Every smile, every glance, the desolation when she watched the male lead's back... even her eyelashes looked like they were trembling. Knowing what we know today, watching this just shatters me completely.]
[I've seen it too... That crying scene isn't exaggerated at all. She just quietly lets the tears fall. She's even smiling while she's crying. But every single time I watch it, I end up sobbing. It's unbelievably moving.]
[She brought this role to life, and she absolutely earned every opportunity that came afterward. Drawing strength from years of silent bitterness and stepping onto a brand new path. I can only think of one phrase: a phoenix rising from the ashes.]
...
——Latest Posts——
[I've read through everything from today, top to bottom. First, I cried my eyes out at Little Yuanbao's timeline analysis, and then I couldn't stop grinning watching all the incredible fan edits. If these two aren't a real couple deeply in love, I'll eat my own shoes.]
[Is there honestly anyone who can read through the "secret crush diary" and watch the "press conference iconic moment" and NOT ship our real-life couple??? From this day forward, I live as a Yao Qian Shu fan and I'll die as one too.]
[Ten years ago I secretly loved you from afar. Ten years later you publicly confessed your love to me. Damn it, even romance novels wouldn't dare write something this outrageous. Doesn't Yao Qian Shu just absolutely destroy every other CP in the entertainment industry? Who cares about that cheating scumbag now?]
[Okay, but... shouldn't we maybe keep things a little low-key? He's not even part of the entertainment industry. A naturally developed CP can't compete with the heavily promoted drama pairings backed by studios. People are probably going to start attacking them.]
[I clicked into this topic because of the trending search, and thank God I finally found someone sane. You CP fans have completely lost it. There were thousands of students in that school. Just because they went to the same high school, you're matching every clue to him?]
[LMAO, I actually like what the person above said. But you might want to shut your DMs. (Not arguing. Mine are already closed, so don't come for me.) And even if you all guessed right, so what if QY liked him? Maybe it was just a regular one-sided crush. Where are all these supposed "responses" coming from?]
[Exactly. Stop projecting your fantasies. "Ten years later you publicly confessed your love to me?" Which word of his was a confession? Wasn't it just a fast, textbook PR response? If she hadn't landed the Fengxing endorsement, do you really think he'd even give her the time of day?]
[And why does everyone act like marrying into a wealthy family is some fairy tale? Tian Ying got absolutely dragged through the mud when she married in back then. She was an award-winning actress, and in the end she still wound up raising someone else's kids and doing housework. You all are having fun fantasizing now, but maybe when your idol marries in, the same fate awaits her.]
[What the hell is wrong with you people? Why are you coming into someone else's supertopic just to dump your garbage here? If you want to act insane, go do it on your own Weibo.]
[Aw, look at the little fangirls getting upset. Hit a nerve, huh? Face reality. Someone from a family like his is way out of your sister's league.]
[Stop arguing. @Moderators Delete the posts and mute them.]
[I'm honestly so fed up. How are there this many idiots everywhere? I really thought today would finally be the day Yao Qian Shu could hold their heads high. Instead we're still getting bullied... sob.]
[I'm literally crying. Whatever, just don't let Yao-mei see any of this. I'm crawling out of bed right now to learn video editing! On the off chance Ye Qingman secretly tells her about this super topic, at least she'll see even more amazing edits and smile instead!]
[HAHAHAHAHA you're so right. That's exactly something Ye Qingman would do.]
As fate would have it, the person secretly doom-scrolling on a burner account froze mid-swipe.
Ye Qingman: "?"
So she'd officially become everyone's messenger pigeon now?
Speechless, she resentfully forwarded another fan edit to Qi Yao, her fingers flying across the keyboard.
After sending more than a dozen links in a row...
[Ye Qingman]: The grain warehouse is open!!!
[Ye Qingman]: Your fans already know I'm lurking in there. Whenever they make a new edit, they tag me directly now. They said it's more effective than tagging you.
[Ye Qingman]: I swear... they're going to make me cry.
Meanwhile, on the other end, inside the bedroom.
Soft moonlight filtered through the sheer curtains, washing the floor in pale silver.
Bzzz. Bzzz.
Qi Yao was already asleep and was now woken by the continuous vibrations of her phone.
She'd forgotten to set it to silent.
Eyes barely open, she fumbled for the phone on the nightstand, glanced at the time, muted it, set it back down, and rolled over.
Her arm reached out to the side, habitually searching for someone to hold, but found only empty space.
Her hand met nothing but empty sheets.
She stared blankly for a second, then stopped moving.
Blinking slowly through the haze of sleep, she pushed herself upright and looked around the room.
The bedroom was empty.
She was alone.
Yu Jiashu wasn't there.
The lingering fog of her dream still tugged at her consciousness. It took her two seconds to finally convince herself she wasn't dreaming. Just as she braced a hand against the mattress and started to get out of bed, she heard movement at the door.
The lock pressed down slowly, and then the door opened with barely a sound.
A man stepped inside carrying the chill of the night with him, his footsteps so light they were almost inaudible.
A few steps later, he stopped.
He clearly hadn't expected her to be awake. He stood there in surprise, his expression swallowed by the darkness.
One standing, one sitting. They looked at each other for several silent seconds.
"What's wrong?" Qi Yao asked first.
She had only just woken up. Her voice was soft and husky with sleep, every word drawn out in the sweetest way.
For some reason, Yu Jiashu hesitated before walking over. Lowering his head, he bent down and kissed her lightly.
"Nothing."
"I couldn't sleep, so I stood out on the balcony for a while."
There was the faintest trace of cigarette smoke lingering in the air.
Mixed with the cool scent of cedar and mint, it was almost impossible to notice, like the sharp night wind on the terrace had already carried most of it away, leaving behind only the ghost of its existence.
"...Oh," Qi Yao murmured. "Are you coming to sleep now?"
She tilted her head to look at him and asked quietly. The outer corners of her peach-blossom eyes kept drooping lower. She looked unbearably sleepy and unbearably obedient.
Yu Jiashu let out a quiet laugh.
Something inside his chest softened all at once.
"I am."
Wrapping his arms around the familiar warmth, he felt her relax against him almost immediately. Surrounded by the comfort of his scent and body heat, Qi Yao was already drifting back toward sleep when she heard him whisper beside her ear.
"Can I speak freely on Weibo?"
"..."
What kind of question was that?
Nestled against his chest, Qi Yao frowned in sleepy confusion. Still, she snuggled closer, rubbing her forehead lightly against him, and answered softly,
"Of course."
She was far too sleepy. The last syllable faded into the night before it had fully left her lips.
Yu Jiashu answered with a quiet hum and asked nothing more. He simply held her a little tighter and murmured, "Sleep."
At that moment, Qi Yao had no idea.
That when she woke in the morning, she would see an entire screen full of trending topics, and dozens of posts beneath his account, which had been silent for a long time.
---
Comments
Post a Comment